My TikTok is not working - 13 Fixes  💥
TikTok is a popular social media network, but it can sometimes malfunction like any other platform or app. This article will show you how to fix TikTok's potential problems. TikTok's best method of solving a problem is to start with the easiest solution, and then move on to more complicated methods to eliminate potential problems.
1. Is your own internet working?
Although it may seem obvious, TikTok cannot work without an internet connection. Your device must be connected to the internet using either WiFi or cell data. If you're using cellular data, ensure that TikTok has permission for data to be used.
2. TikTok might be down
Although TikTok is reliable and has very few issues, it can sometimes have problems. You can use DownDetector to check if TikTok has gone down or search "is tiktok going down?" You can search it in Google and you will find several website that will give you the information.
3. The TikTok App might need un update
Sometimes, all TikTok really needs is an update. Probably someone else has experienced the same issue as you and the developer may have already released an update to fix it.
4. Try restarting the TikTok App
Although it may sound cliché, this is because it's true. Many tech problems can be solved by simply turning the device off and on again. Close TikTok on the phone, then reopen it. You're done if that solves the problem. If that doesn't work, you can shut down your iPhone/Android, then turn it on again, and open TikTok once more.
5. Try restarting your Mobile Phone
The same goes for your mobile phone. Your iPhone or Android itself may have a problem that is not immediately noticeable. This can often be corrected by restarting the phone. Always try.
6. Try another device
You might ask a friend if TikTok has been working for them at this point. Alternativly, you could try TikTok.com using a web browser (preferably another device) to see if it loads properly. If it does not load, the problem may not be with your phone. If you already use a browser but don't have an alternative device, you can always try another web browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
7. Reinstall the TikTok App
If your TikTok has not worked and it is still not working, you can delete the app and install the app again. This will resolve any issues with the app that force quitting the app and clearing the cache didn't solve.
These steps will allow you to uninstall and reinstall TikTok from an Android device.
- Long press the TikTok App on the app drawer
- On the menu that opens, select "Uninstall".
- To confirm deletion, tap "OK"
- Start the Google Play Store app on your device.
- Enter TikTok into the search bar and hit enter.
- Click the "Install" button beside TikTok.
This is how to uninstall and reinstall TikTok on an iOS device:
- Press the TikTok app for a long time
- Select "Remove App" from The Menu.
- Tap on "Delete App".
- To confirm, tap on "Delete" again.
- Go to the Apple App Store.
- TikTok is your search.
- Click the Reinstall (cloudlike) icon.
8. Clear TikTok's cache
You might find that TikTok has saved a lot cache data if you use it a lot. Too much cache data can slow down TikTok, and sometimes even cause it to crash or not open at all.
Clear TikTok's cache from within the app by following these steps:
- Start the TikTok App on your device.
- Tap on Profile at the bottom-right corner.
- Click the horizontal line icon in the upper right.
- Choose "Settings and Privacy"
- Scroll down to Cache and Cellular Data and then click "Free up space".
- Click the Clear button beside Cache.
10. Camera and Microphone Access granted?
TikTok doesn't have permissions to access your camera or mic, so if you are having trouble recording audio or video it could be because the app isn't allowed. You will need to change the permission settings to ensure that TikTok has all the necessary permissions to record a video. These are some quick steps to help you do that.
- Start the Settings interface on your smartphone.
- Go to Apps.
- Tap on TikTok to locate it
- Choose "Permissions"
- TikTok must have permission to view your camera and microphone.
- Go to Settings.
- You can choose privacy
- Tap on "Microphone".
- Make sure the toggle next TikTok's is green
- Now, click on "Camera".
- If TikTok isn't turning green, flick the toggle near it.
11. Re-enter your account details
You can log in to TikTok accounts if you are having trouble. Make sure you have the correct account details. Remember that your username must be case sensitive and should not include an @ at the end. You can manually enter your account details if you are using a password manager.
If none of these tips work and you are still having trouble logging in to TikTok then tap the "?" icon at the top-right corner. Select Logging in on the Report a Problem page. Enter your TikTok username and email address to recover your account.
12. Clear device storage
TikTok, a video-hosting app, will need lots of RAM and storage space in order to function properly. If you don't have enough RAM or storage space on your device, TikTok may not be working. Clear some space.
This is how you can check your storage space on an Android device:
- Start the Settings app on your device.
- Use the search function to find Storage
- Tap "Storage"
You'll see the apps and files that are taking up most of your storage. You may even be able see the largest files on some devices. These files can be reviewed to determine if they are still needed. It's better to delete them if you don't.
For more information, check out our tutorial on how to free up space on Android devices.
These are the steps to check your iPhone's storage.
- Start the Settings app.
- Go to "General".
- Scroll down to "iPhone Storage".
- Wait for the screen's full load.
You'll see, just like on Android: a breakdown of how much storage each file type and app has currently used up. You can see which ones are still needed and which you can delete to free up space.
13. Contact TikTok helpline
TikTok may not be working after you have tried all possible troubleshooting methods. You will need to contact TikTok Support to find out the exact cause and how to fix it. Follow these steps to do this:
- Get the TikTok App.
- Select Profile in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Click the icon at the top-right.
- You can also check out the Privacy and Settings option.
- Report a problem to the Press
- You can either choose a topic or manually search for the issue that you are having trouble with.
- Tap on the feedback icon at the top-right corner if you don't see the issue you are having on TikTok.