My Instagram is not working  💥
Instagram not working? Instagram is the most popular photo-sharing site on the Internet. It has been the only social media platform that people use to express themselves through pictures and not words. What do you do if Instagram crashes or your app stops working? We will show you how to fix Instagram's problems.
1. Restart the Instagram App
To fix this can be much easier then you have thought. Maybe you can fix Instagram's problems by relaunching the app. This involves removing the app from the list of recently installed apps and relaunching it again.
2. Restart your Mobile Phone
Another really easy fix is restarting your Android phone or iPhone, which can sometimes be enough to make things right again. Mobile Phones are small computers, and computers are always showing all types of issues when they haven't been restarted for a while.
3. Is your internet working well?
You should also ensure that you have stable Internet access. Restart your router if you are using Instagram over Wi-Fi. Switching to mobile data can be a good option to determine if it is the Wi-Fi connection that's the problem or the other way around.
4. Instagram may be down
Next, check if Instagram is not working for other people either. If your Instagram feed isn't loading or you receive the error "5xx", it is a sign that servers are down. A third-party status tool such as Down detector or Is it Down Right Now? can be used to check the status of your account. Enter https://www.instagram.com/ to find out if Instagram is down.
You can also check the Twitter account of Instagram. You can search Instagram for updates and company posts. You can't do much if Instagram experiences outages around the world. Instead, wait for its team to fix the issue.
5. Update your Instagram
If none of the above solutions work, it may be because you haven't updated your Instagram app to the most recent version. The latest versions often include security patches and bug fixes, as well as new features. Open Google Play Store for Android and search Instagram to update your Instagram app. Tap on the "Update" button located next to Instagram. In case of an iOS device, go to the App Store.
6. Clear the app data and Cache ( on Android)
Clearing the cache and data in the Instagram app may help you fix the problem.
- Open "Settings" >> "Apps."
- Click on the "See All Apps" button.
- Scroll down to find Instagram in the list of popular apps.
- You may need to tap "Storage and cache" depending on the Android version to access "Clear data” and "Clear cache".
- Tap "Clear cache" to clear your data. To do this again, you can tap "Clear your storage" instead.
7. Offloading Instagram app (on iPhone)
Offload the Instagram app if it is not working on your iPhone. This will ensure that all your Instagram data remains on your phone even if you delete it. It will also allow you to restore it when you reinstall Instagram. This is essentially clearing the cache.
Go to "Settings" >> "General" >> "iPhone Storage" and scroll down until you see the Instagram app. Tap it, then click "Offload App". Install Instagram again by going to the App Store.
8. Reinstalling Instagram
If you think the Instagram app crashed due to a bug and have tried clearing the cache and offloading it, you can uninstall the app and reinstall it.
Reinstall Instagram (Android)
- Open "Settings" >> "Apps".
- Click the "See All Apps" button.
- Tap on Instagram to find it in the app list.
- Tap on "Uninstall"
- Go to Google Play Store and reinstall Instagram. Log in again to verify that it works.
Reinstall Instagram (iPhone)
- Open App Library on the iPhone and search for Instagram.
- Hold the Instagram app icon in your hand. Tap on "Delete App."
- After it has been deleted, restart your iPhone. Next, open App Store and search for Instagram to install it again.
You can also uninstall Instagram by going to "Settings" >> "General" >> "iPhone Storage" >> "Instagram" >> "Delete App".
9. Reinstall Instagram Older Version (only Android)
You can roll back an older version of Instagram if you notice that you have problems with it. APK Mirror is the best way to do it. Before you start the next steps, make sure that you have uninstalled the Instagram app.
- Go to APK mirror on your phone browser. Next, use the search icon in the top-right corner to search "instagram"
- Scroll down to "Apps", then tap "Apps", and finally select "Instagram by Instagram".
- Scroll down through all available Instagram versions until one that is older than your last update (be sure to avoid the "alpha" and "beta) versions.
- Scroll down to the "Download” section on the next page. Select the right variant for your Android version and then click the download icon.
- Allow your browser to download unknown apps if necessary. Next, browse to the APK you downloaded from your Downloads folder (accessed via the Files app), and then tap the icon to allow it to install.
10. Grant permissions for your Instagram
To work on your iOS and Android smartphone, Instagram needs permissions for several apps: Camera, Contacts Microphone, Photos, Storage, Microphone, Photo, and Microphone. Instagram may not function properly if permissions are denied for just one or two of these. If this happens, the app could crash.
Android: Make sure you enable app permissions by going to "Settings" >> "Apps" >> "Insta" >> "Permissions". It will depend on which Android version you have. You can either tap the switches to turn each option green, or tap entries in "Denied", then allow them.
Go to "Settings" >> "Instagram" on iOS and ensure that all permissions are granted.
11. Temporarily switch off VPN
You can access any restricted content within your country by using a VPN. A VPN service hides your Internet identity and bypasses any regional restrictions. You can access apps such as WhatsApp and Instagram. It is not available in all countries.
This means that Instagram may not work if you use a VPN. An insecure VPN might not load Instagram, causing delays in sending and receiving messages. Turn off your VPN to verify that Instagram is still working.
12. Unrestrict background data (on Android)
To update your Instagram feed, send/receive emails, and receive notifications about your posts, you need to be connected to the Internet. You must ensure that the background data of Instagram is not restricted to allow it to function uninterrupted.
You can make sure it isn't restricted to Android by going to the Settings menu and selecting "Apps" >> "View all apps" >> "Instagram" to turn the "Background data" toggle on to On. This will allow Instagram to access the Internet even though it is running in the background.
13. Free up storage space on your Smartphone
14. Log out/Log in
Logging out of your Instagram account is the best way to fix Instagram not working on your smartphone. Open the Instagram app, and then go to your profile screen. Tap on the hamburger icon (3 horizontal bars), followed by "Settings". Scroll down and tap "Logout username". Restart your phone and log back in.
15. Try Instagram web edition
Instagram's problems with not working on mobile devices are usually limited to the app. If Instagram doesn't work on your mobile device, you can try the Instagram web edition on your browser or use Instagram on another device like your computer.
16. Known Instagram issues
Instagram has a list of errors and known issues. This list is updated regularly so users can find solutions to everyday problems with the app. Take note of the error and search Google for solutions. Most likely, others have experienced the same or similar issue and sought help.
17. Instagram Helpline
Report a bug within the app if none of these steps resolve the issue. Please provide a detailed explanation about the problem, what device you are using, and the time it was last used. This is also true for issues when signing in to your account.