TikTok account locked - 8 Fixes  💥
TikTok users report that their accounts were abruptly locked and that there is no way to unlock them. Many users are wondering if their accounts have been banned or hacked. However, this is not always the case as TikTok is usually the culprit.
TikTok has not yet addressed the problem as users continue to vent their frustrations on Twitter, Reddit and other social media platforms. TikTok can ban or lock someone's account for a variety of reasons.
1. Rule Violation
TikTok will lock your account to confirm that you are trying to log in. You only need to enter your username and password in order to prove it. TikTok might have locked your account for another reason if you enter it correctly. TikTok could lock your account or ban it for other illegal activities, such as using bots, inappropriate usernames or handles, spamming, posting offensive content or using bots.
Check their community guidelines. If you did something wrong, try to correct it and send TikTok a mail. You can find how to do that at the bottom of this article.
2. Check your internet connection
TikTok is not possible without an internet connection, even though it might seem obvious. You must have an internet connection to your device, using either cell data or WiFi. TikTok must have permission to use data if you are using cellular data.
3. Restart the TikTok app
It may sound cliché, but it is true. You can solve many tech problems by simply turning off the device and then on again. Close TikTok and then reopen the phone. If that resolves the problem, you're done. If this doesn't work, you can turn off your iPhone/Android and then restart it.
4. Restart your device
Your mobile phone can also have technical difficulties. You may not be able to see the problem immediately on your iPhone or Android. You can usually fix this by restarting your phone. It might fix the problem so one should at least try.
5. Clear TikTok's app cache
If you use TikTok a lot, it might save a lot of cache data. Too much cache data can slow TikTok down, or even make it not open at all.
These steps will allow you to clear TikTok's cache within the app:
- Start the TikTok App from your device.
- Tap on Profile in the lower-right corner.
- Click the horizontal line icon at the upper right.
- Select "Settings & Privacy"
- Scroll down to Cache & Cellular Data, and click "Free up Space"
- Click the Clear button next to Cache.
6. Update your TikTok app
Sometimes all TikTok needs is to be updated. It is possible that other people has had the same problem as you. The developer may have released an update to correct it. Search for TikTok on the Google Play Store. Go to the App Store to see if there is an iOS update available. Scroll down and tap on the profile icon.
7. Reset your account password
Next, reset your TikTok password. This is the best solution for users who want to unlock locked accounts. These are the steps to follow:
- Start the TikTok App on your device.
- Now, tap the "Log In" button at the bottom.
- Next, click on the "Forget Password?" option.
- Your email address or phone number will be required to reset your password.
- Follow the prompts on screen to create a new password.
8. Get in touch with TikTok
To unlock your account, you will need to contact TikTok's customer service team. You will need to report the issue in the app. These are the steps to follow:
- Start the TikTok App and navigate to your profile.
- Now, tap the "three-line icon" located in the upper-right section.
- Next, click on "Settings and Privacy".
- Tap on "Report problem" and select "Suspended Account" as the topic.
- Please enter the correct information and attach appropriate screenshots.
- Submit the form, wait for TikTok to respond.